Advantages of the TECA Experience:
- You will have the opportunity to gain certification and get a job as a paraprofessional directly out of high school.
- You will take UC/CSU A-G required courses that demonstrate to colleges and universities your commitment to education. You will have the opportunity to earn college credit through these courses as well.
- You will have word processors and computers available to use at school and home to help you complete assignments and meet your Computer Literacy Requirements for graduation.
- You will get "real life" work experience at elementary, junior high, and high schools which enhances your skills and connections to professionals in the field. Working with your teachers and mentors, you will learn the professionalism needed to compete in today's marketplace.
- You will learn leadership, collaboration, and speaking skills that will help you in all aspects of your life: home, school, and career.
- TECA provides tutoring every week for students who need more time and attention to pass their classes and our teachers are available each day at lunch and by appointment.
- Finally, you will have a dedicated family of teachers, alumni, friends, and colleagues who will support you in realizing your own path towards success.